Friday, October 26, 2007

OPRAH !!!

Today as I was putting groceries away I turned on the t.v to have some noise.. The kids were napping and I wanted something to listen to.. I happened to turn to Oprah and she was talking about "Plural Marriages" the political correct term.. So I got interested just to see what these women have to say about their lifestyles and their beliefs.. They gave us a look at their homes and how they live.. Can I tell you they have some huge houses and they are gorgeous.. Not like anything you see in Colorado City, AZ... It is all mondern and the kids go to public school, play soccer, have music lessons and all that jazz...These women dress like us, act like us, and they have all the same technology that we do.. the only difference is that they share their husband with other women.. The lady on Oprah shared a husband with two other ladies and all together that had 22 kids with another on the way.. Crazy!!! I could never share my husband with anyone let alone a sister like most of them did.. I was just so interested by the way the think nothing is wrong. Of course they are not legally married, so I guess its just like having multiple mistresses since the husband can only be legally married to one of them.. They all look happy and act happy and I just wonder if they really are..

I also wonder what the husbands do to be able to afford the house they have with 33 bedrooms and 5 flat screen t.v's.. What the heck!!! How do they afford that when they have to take care of 23 children and 4 adults?? I have no idea where I am going with this, I just think its crazy that people really want to live that lifestyle and expect not to be looked at differently.. It was suggested that the polygamy or" Plural Marriages" (to be politically correct) not be a crime and punishable by prison time. They just want to be left alone. I mean I really don;t care what other people do in their lives, but I think it is definitely wrong to have multiple wives.. I really think it messes with the kids minds.. I don't know, it was just really interesting to hear their side and see how they really live and go about their daily lives.. Could you share your husband and be happy??? And am I the only one who thinks it's really crazy??

1 comment:

Fauna said...

There is a reason why it should be a calling from a prophet and why it is not approved by the church today. Wayne thinks that one is enough woman...he doesn't know how he could EVER suffer through taking care of more with all those hormones and mood swings.