Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Oh NO!!..There's a bird in the house!!

Last night as we were having dinner we heard this noise in the kitchen. Out if the corner of Rays' eye he could have swore that he saw something drop out of the ceiling. We looked and couldn't find anything. I just figured if it was anything it would have been a mouse , but we searched and couldn't find anything.. So we just went about the rest of the night like nothing had happened.

Later that night after I had put the kids to bed I kept hearing this noise in the kitchen at the bottom of our corner shelves. It sounded like it was coming from plastic sacks I had on the shelves. So I once again went over and looked and I couldn't find anything. A few minutes later I heard a noise that sounded like a cry and so I searched again.. Nothing. Ray went and looked he found nothing. So we went to bed and I never thought anything about it again..

Well this morning Payton got up and he was looking under the shelves on the floor and kept coming up to me and saying "Quack, Quack" ( that's his duck and bird sound) I couldn't figure out why he was saying it and looking under that shelf. I just figured he was repeating the cartoon that was on and I just blew it off. Well he was so persistent on it and kept repeating"quack, quack".. So I looked again and Abriee was trying to get under the shelf as well. It was then that I figured something must be under there. I was just hoping it wasn't a mouse cause they are gross and it was probably dead if it was. So I get my big belly on the ground and lay down to look under the shelf and there was the mysterious noise maker.. A baby bird.. It had been there all night. The kids were trying to get it to play with it. It was kinda gross cause it had been trying to get out and apparently couldn't figure out how and it had poop all over the floor. I was so not excited to tackle that mess.

I got the bird out and let the kids play with it. Payton was scared to death of and Abriee just wanted to carry it around and poke at it.. It was pretty funny.. So mystery solved. Somehow a bird flew in our house and got stuck on the floor under a shelf and spent the night in the house. I let it out this morning and hopefully it found mom or home..

No comments: